ISO 8000 Data Quality Certification Workshop
A One Day ISO 8000 Training Workshop followed by Certification
Instructed by Steven Arnett of NATO Support Agency and Peter Benson of ECCMA
ISO 8000 is the new international standard for data quality. The purpose of ISO 8000 is to make it easier to tell the difference between those companies and software application that can deliver quality data and those that cannot. Ability to provide ISO 8000 compliant data is a strong marketing point today, and may be a requirement to do business in the future. ISO 8000 is being applied in a variety of industry sectors and countries around the world. The strength and power of ISO 8000 lies in the fact that the definition of what is and what is not quality data is based on international agreement. Industry experts from around the world have agreed that there are characteristics of data that can be used to define and measure its quality and these are described in ISO 8000.
This course provides a student with an overview of ISO 8000 and the information they need to start using it to improve the quality of their companiesí data. It also prepares a student for certification as ECCMA ISO 8000-110 Master Data Quality Managerô. The certification exam is included.
The course consists of a theory section followed by a laboratory in which the participants will complete an in-class assignment to demonstrate mastery of ISO 8000. Students who successfully complete a written test and the assignment will receive an ECCMA ISO 8000-110 Master Data Quality Managerô certificate valid for one year.
The theory section will cover the following:
* Recognize what is and is not data
* Understand the difference between data and information.
* Identify the structure of data
* Become familiar with the key component of data, the property value
* Understand the importance of standards in data quality, and what
the key standards are, and how they can help
* Learn the basics of how to specify precisely what data you need
and request it from a trading partner
* Discover the basics of how to provide a trading partner with the precise data they need
* Gain insight into the basics of how to manage quality data within systems such as spreadsheets, databases, and files
In the certification test section, students will:
* Develop a data requirement that conforms to ISO 8000-110
* Create a request for master data that conforms to the data requirement
* Create an ISO 8000-110 compliant reply to a request for master data
"This workshop was informative as I had not had any experience with this before!"
"It is rare to have so many people attend training and come away with a consistent response, either negative or positive. I have heard so many good things from the class and just wanted to extend my appreciation of the service you provided. "
- Mike Burkes, National Manager, Enterprise Information Management
Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.